Healthtech accelerators are programs that provide support and resources to early-stage startups in the healthcare technology industry. These programs help startups develop and bring their products to market faster and increase their chances of success. In recent years, healthtech accelerators have become increasingly popular, as they provide startups with access to mentorship, funding, and other resources that can help them grow and succeed. In this article, we will take a look at some of the most trending healthtech accelerators in the market.
- Healthbox Country: USA funding: $7M This accelerator focuses on providing startups with the resources they need to bring their products to market, and has a team of experienced healthcare professionals that offer personalized mentorship and guidance. They offer funding, mentorship, and resources to startups in the digital health space, including telemedicine, women’s and children’s healthcare, healthy longevity and aging, nutrition and fitness and a lot more. Healthbox is known for its strong focus on healthcare innovation and its successful track record of supporting startups.
- Rock Health Country: USA funding: $5M This accelerator s dedicated to funding and supporting entrepreneurs who are working to improve healthcare delivery through technology. Rock Health’s mission is to drive meaningful impact in healthcare by improving services and making them more accessible to more people. Their program focuses on funding digital health startups that are developing innovative solutions that have the potential to significantly improve healthcare outcomes and reduce costs.
- Startup Health Country: USA funding: $24,3M It is a global innovation platform with a comprehensive program including the Innovation Fund, Academy Network and global community of healthtech entrepreneurs. The platform focuses on digital health startups that are developing innovative solutions in telemedicine and remote patient monitoring. The Startup Health already counts startups from more than 11 countries.
- Healthtech Hub Country: USA funding: $5M This accelerator is an accelerator that helps startups to develop and bring their products to market. Like their competitors, they offer funding, mentorship, and resources to startups in the digital health space, including telemedicine and remote patient monitoring. Healthtech Hub is known for its unique focus on healthcare innovation and network.
- TMCx Country: USA funding: $5M The Texas Medical Center accelerator (TMCx) is focused to attract the most talented healthtech entrepreneurs. The program is designed for early-stage digital health and medical device companies and, unlike most accelerators, do not imply membership fees or require equity from portfolio companies.
- New York Digital Health Accelerator Country: USA funding: The accelerator program is developed by the New York eHealth Collaborative and the Partnership Fund for New York City for early- and growth-stage digital health companies. The portfolio companies aim to develop cutting-edge technology products in care coordination, patient engagement, and workflow improvement.
- Blueprint Health: Country: USA This accelerator is a leading healthtech accelerator that offers a unique program for startups in the digital health space. Investment tickets start from $20 000, while each year there is one batch of 20 IT healthcare startups. Additionally, Blueprint Health also offers workshops and training sessions to help startups develop the skills and knowledge they need to succeed.
- Health Wildcatters: country: USA funding: $9.1M This accelerator is consistently recognized as one of the top programs in the USA by the Seed Accelerator Rankings Project, a study conducted by MIT, University of Richmond, and Rice University. The accelerator program is an intense, fast-paced period during which Health Wildcatters connects startups with a vast network of mentors and investors and provides a comprehensive curriculum to rapidly accelerate growth. Each year, 8 to 12 startups are selected to participate in the three-month program, which includes an investment from Health Wildcatters and a range of in-kind perks.
- SmartHealth Activator Country: USA funding: One more Chicago-based outstanding accelerator focused on biotechnology startups. The program provides startups direct access to customers, investors, elite mentors, co-working space and seed funding. The program accelerates drug discovery, diagnostics and medical devices to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases like Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and Sudden Cardiac Arrest.
- Bayer Grants4Apps Country: Germany funding: This European accelerator for digital health startups focused on developing health technology or IT solutions that can connect and empower patients or healthcare stakeholders – mobile apps, digital services, wearables, medical devices, software, hardware. Any integrated next-generation technology that supports adherence, diagnosis, therapy control or prevention is welcome to submit a nomination.
- MedX Xelerator Country: Israel This program is focused on MedTech startups and provides the the ultimate foundation to any aspiring medical device startup or entrepreneur. The accelerator is founder by MEDX Ventures Group, together with its partners Boston Scientific, Intellectual Ventures’ Invention Science Fund and Sheba Academic Medical Center.
These accelerators are also providing startups with access to mentorship, funding, and other resources that can help them grow and succeed. They are helping startups to develop and bring their products to market faster and increase their chances of success. Most of the trending accelerators are located in the USA, while Europe is still in the game.
Talking about accelerators programs in the healthtech industry you can not forget about the most famous accelerators in the world:
- Techstars is a well-known accelerator program that provides funding, mentorship, and resources to startups in a variety of industries, including healthcare technology. Techstars has a dedicated healthtech program, which focuses on startups in the digital health space, such as telemedicine and remote patient monitoring.
- Plug&play is a global innovation platform that runs several programs for startups, including a healthtech program. This program focuses on digital health, medical devices, and biotech.
- Y Combinator is a famous startup accelerator program that constantly invests in the digital health space, such as telemedicine, mental health, biotech, and remote patient monitoring.
- Startupbootcamp is a famous global accelerator program which also focuses on digital health startups, as well as a sandbox for the startups in Miami.
In conclusion, there are already more than 100 programs on the market worldwide. It is very important for a startup to consider benefits and time needed before applying for each batch. However, excellent mentors, a broad network and knowledge base provided by an acceleratir is often a big kick for a startup on the road to a bright future.