PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (“Terms”) CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS PLATFORM
We are Techparus.com owned by Disruptive Management Solutions (Company number 44300948), registered at Romania, Bucuresti, Sectoru 1, strada Piatra Morii, Nr 24. If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at [email protected].
By using our Platform you accept these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, you must not use our Platform, the Provided Content or the Community Content as detailed below.
In using our Platform we may process your personal data, more information about this can be found here.
Where you are not a consumer, you confirm that you have authority to bind the business on behalf of which you are accepting these Terms. In that context, references to “you” or “your” will be to that business. Otherwise it will refer to you, the individual entering into these Terms.
ACCOUNT CREATION AND SECURITY
1.1 When you create an account to use our Platform. When you register for an account on our Platform you must ensure that all information you provide to us is accurate and kept up to date. Upon registration we grant to you the personal, non-transferable right and licence to use the Platform for your own internal business purposes, until terminated as set out in these Terms.
1.2 You must keep your account details safe. Where you create an account on our Platform, that account is for your use only and you must not share or allow access by any third party to your account. Any piece of information as part of our security procedures including your username and password must be treated as confidential. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password at any time. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at [email protected].
1.3 These terms are binding. By using our Platform and downloading any of our Content you acknowledge that these Terms will apply and you have legal capacity to enter into contracts in the country you live in. You also confirm that when acting on behalf of a business you have authority to bind them to these terms. If this is not the case, you should not use our Platform.
1.4 Subscription fees. Whilst the Platform is made available free of charge, there are some features which are only accessible via a paid subscription and will be dependent on the membership level you enter into. There may be circumstances where we provide you with a free trial to the Platform granting you temporary access to premium content, the duration of which will be agreed when you reach out to us. During any initial free trial period, the Platform will be provided to you as is, and we will not provide any guarantees or protections as to its performance or your use of it. Upon expiration of any free trial period, you will only be able to continue using the premium services if you pay the relevant fees. We will provide you with 14 days’ notice prior to increasing any subscription fees. You will be liable to pay for all taxes and duties imposed by the relevant authorities, all prices listed on our Platform are exclusive of these except where explicitly stated.
1.5 Permitted limited access. Where you do not sign up for a paid account we will provide you with limited access to a certain number of articles per month. The number of articles may vary from month to month dependent on the content shared, but on average we would expect to permit you access to 5. Where you are accessing free content in this way it will be provided to you as is, and we will not provide any guarantees or protections as to its performance or your use of it.
1.6 Upgrades and downgrades. Where you downgrade your membership to alter the services you are able to access on our Platform, we will amend your fees payable on the next billing cycle. Where you upgrade your membership to alter the services you are able to access on our Platform, we will amend your fees payable immediately on a pro-rata basis. Please note that downgrading your services may cause you to lose features and/ or data, we will in no way be liable for this.
OUR IN-DEPTH START UP REPORTING PLATFORM
2.1 What is our platform? Our “Platform” refers to “techpharus.com” which aims to provide comprehensive coverage of HealthTech, BioTech, MedTech and Pharma VC and start-up world, including thought-provoking articles and data-driven analysis of the emerging start-up economy we create (“Techpharus Content”) as well as a curation of the best third party content too (“Third Party Content”). Together these shall be referred to in these Terms as the “Provided Content”.
2.2 Techpharus Community Content. We want to create a new home for of HealthTech, BioTech, MedTech and Pharma startup and tech community to share inspiring ideas and insights. With this in mind we have developed Techpharus, including Techpharus Community to facilitate this and allow for you to create your own profiles as well as communicate and share your knowledge with other users of the Platform. There may also be circumstances where you provide us with content outside of our Community, in order to build your or your company’s professional profile with us (where we refer to “Community Content”, we refer to any content uploaded or provided by you). You can also access and view Community Content created and posted by others.
2.3 Performance of the Platform. During your use of the Platform, we will take steps to ensure that the Platform functions as described at the point you signed up. Although we will introduce technology to prevent malware and viruses we do not guarantee that our Platform will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our Platform.
2.4 What happens when the Platform stops working as described. In the event you report to us a substantial error with the Platform, we will seek to correct this within a reasonable amount of time – where legally permitted, this will be your sole remedy.
2.5 We may suspend or withdraw our Platform. We do not guarantee that our Platform, or any of the Provided Content or the Community Content, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our Platform for business and operational reasons.
2.6 You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our Platform through your internet connection are aware of and comply with these Terms.
2.7 What action we may take in the event of a breach. When we consider that a breach of these Terms has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate including:
2.7.1 immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Platform;
2.7.2 immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Community Content uploaded by you to our Platform;
2.7.3 legal action against you;
2.7.4 and/or disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
2.8 You must maintain a secure internet connection. Where you lose access to the Platform and any Community Content due to a disruption in your telecommunications or internet services, we will in no way be liable for any losses suffered.
2.9 Where our Platform contains links to other sites, Community Content and resources provided by third parties including Third Party Content. These are provided for your information only. They should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
CONTENT ON OUR PLATFORM
3.1 Community Content. Where you upload Community Content to our platform, you or your licensors will own all intellectual property rights in such content. Any Community Content created by you is private, and it is your choice as to whether or not you share these publicly. By submitting your Community Content publicly you confirm that you have all rights and permissions to submit the content for use on the Platform, and you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free licence to make use and share such content publicly with other users via the Platform. In addition you warrant that any Community Content you upload does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third parties. You acknowledge that where we create Community Content materially similar to or the same as any Community Content you have made public on our Platform, you will have no claims against us including for infringement or misappropriation.
3.2 Data you transmit through the Platform. All documents, messages, logos, images, files and other information you transmit through our Platform including when you create your profile to become a member of the Community, will remain yours and you shall retain all rights, titles and interest in those. You do however provide us with a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, transferable and sublicensable right to use your data to improve our Platform.
3.3 All Community Content:
3.3.1 must be the following: (i) accurate (where it states facts); (ii) be genuinely held (where it states opinions); and comply with the law applicable in Romania; and
must not be the following: (i) Defamatory of anyone or could bully, insult, intimidate, discriminate or humiliate someone; (ii) unlawful; (iii) promote sexually explicit material; (iv) promote violence; (v) infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark; (vi) likely to deceive; (vii) give the impression that the Community Content originates from us or another person for which you do not have authority from; (viii) contain any advertising or promotion for another company and/ or site; and (ix) knowingly introduce viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
3.4 Do not reverse engineer any of the Platform. You will not reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive or obtain information about the functioning, manufacture or operation of the Platform. Nor will you attempt to modify, translate, or create derivative works based on the Platform; or copy (save for archival purposes), rent, lease, distribute, pledge, assign or otherwise transfer or encumber rights to the Platform.
3.5 Internal business use only. You acknowledge and agree that you can only use the Platform for internal business purposes only and may not transfer, sell, distribute, lease, sublease, assign or licence to any third parties.
3.6 You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access. Whether this is to our Platform, the server on which our Platform is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Platform. You must not attack our Platform via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Platform will cease immediately.
4.1 Our Platform. We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Platform including any modifications and improvements, whether made by us or suggested by you. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. We provide you with a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable limited term licence for internal use only to use the Platform in accordance with these Terms. Such a right to use the Platform and any Community Content on the Platform will expire at the point your subscription ends or when we terminate the Agreement, whichever is sooner.
4.2 Provided Content: We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in all of the Provided Content on our Platform, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You may download Techpharus Content from our Platform for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to Techpharus Content posted on our Platform. You must not modify any Techpharus Content you download.
CANCELLATION, TERMINATION AND SUSPENSION
5.1 Termination of your subscription term. Your subscription will start on the date you sign up as a user of the Platform and agree to these Terms. Your access to the Platform will continue until the earlier of you cancelling your subscription; or we terminate your right to access the Platform where you commit a material breach of these Terms including non-payment.
5.2 Where you wish to terminate your subscription. You can do this via the Platform or by email to [email protected].
5.3 Deletion of data. Upon termination of your subscription, we will delete all of your individual private profile data. Where you have provided us with information about your company or any publicly shared content, we will retain this in order to provide our Platform. All rights under this Agreement, which by nature should survive termination, will, including Indemnity, Liability, Governing Law, Notices and Intellectual Property.
6.1 We do not limit any losses that we are not allowed to limit: We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so including death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
6.2 What we do limit: We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our Platform or any content on it. We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with the use of, or inability to use, our Platform; or use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Platform.
In particular, we will not be liable for loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue; business interruption; loss of anticipated savings; loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
6.3 No content guarantees. We make no guarantee as to the quality of the content on our Platform and its suitability for your individual purposes, and will not be liable in the event you do not undertake your own prior due diligence.
7.1 Where do we issue notices to you. We will issue all notices to you via the Platform save for any that will materially impact your rights or your use of the Platform which we will email to you, via the email you use to subscribe to the Platform.
7.2 Complaints and legal disputes. Where you have any complaints, are subject to insolvency (or similar) proceedings or wish to issue legal proceedings against us, you should send notice of these to [email protected]
8.1 What laws apply to these Terms? These Terms are governed by Romanian law and you can bring legal proceedings in the Romanian courts.
8.2 Changes to these Terms. As our service grows and improves, we might have to make changes to these Terms. We will do this by uploading the latest version with a date confirming when they went live.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Site, arrange and manage bookings and make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your favourite choice of service).
We may also allow our business partners to place cookies on your device. For example, we use Google Analytics for web analytics, and Typeform for surveys, and so Google or Typeform may also set cookies on your device. As further explained below, third parties may also place cookies on your device for advertising purposes.
There are two types of cookies used on our Site, namely “persistent cookies” and “session cookies”.
Session cookies will normally expire when you close your browser, while persistent cookies will remain on your device after you close your browser, and can be used again the next time you access our Site.
Our Site may also use other technologies with similar functionality to cookies, such as web beacons and tracking URLs to obtain Log Data about users. We may also use web beacons and tracking URLs in our messages to you to determine whether you have opened a certain message or accessed a certain link.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.
Events Delegate Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are between Disruptive Management Solutions SRL. (“Techpharus”) and the person who completes the relevant booking form (“You”) for the Techpharus Event as described in the booking or registration form (“Event”).
Confirmation of bookings
1. All bookings are subject to availability and acceptance by Techpharus, which will be confirmed in writing (including by e-mail) after Techpharus has received the completed booking form, the related fee if required (the “Fee”), and anything else that Sifted may require.
2. Upon Techparus’ written confirmation to You of its acceptance of your booking for a place at the Event there shall be a legally binding contract between Techparus and You to which these terms and conditions apply.
3. Techparus reserves the right to refuse to accept any booking in its absolute discretion.
4. Fees for the Event are correct at the time of publication. Techparus reserves the right to change the Fees at any time but changes will not affect registrations which have already been confirmed by Techparus. The Fees (where required) are payable at the same time as You submit your booking form by credit card or cheque. You acknowledge that Techparus cannot guarantee places held on a provisional basis and that places may sell out.
5. The Fees include:
- For “in-person” conference, panel, seminar or similar delegates: one place at the Event, refreshments and Event materials.
- For digital/online delegates: access for one person to attend the digital Event.
6. The Fees do not include travel to or from the Event or any accommodation costs incurred.
7. Under VAT Excise regulations delegates from all countries are required to pay VAT @ 19% on all Events taking place in Romania. For Events in other countries, delegates are required to pay any VAT, excise duty or other sales tax which is applicable.
Changes, Cancellations and Postponements
8. Whilst our programmes are correct at the time of going to press, in certain circumstances it may be necessary for Techparus to alter the content, format, venue or timing of an Event. All delegates will be notified of such changes prior to the Event.
9. If You cannot attend an Event for which You have registered, please contact Techparus as soon as possible (and in any event no later than 24 hours before the Event) at [email protected] Techparus may at our absolute discretion allow You to send a substitute in your place (provided that Techparus has received the details of such substitute) or allow You to attend the next available Event.
10. If You notify us that You wish to cancel your attendance at an Event for which a Fee is payable, then cancellation charges shall apply as follows (please note that refunds may take up to 14 working days), which You agree represent a genuine pre-estimate of the costs Sifted will incur as a result of cancellation:
Written notice received by us more than 30 days prior to the first day of the Event: 75% refund
Written notice received by us more within 30 days to the first day of the Event: 0% refund
The refund will be distributed in the same form as the original payment was received (e.g. credit card payment will refund to same credit card account number).
11. Techparus may in exceptional circumstances need to postpone or cancel an Event, and we will notify You as soon as reasonably practicable of any such postponement or cancellation. If an Event is cancelled, or if an Event is postponed and You cannot attend the rearranged date, we will refund any Fees You have paid in advance within 8 weeks. You agree that Techparus’ liability to You will be limited to the amount of the Fees You have paid and Techparus will not be liable to You for any expenditure, damage or loss incurred by You as a result of the cancellation or postponement.
12. Techparus reserves the right to cancel your attendance at the Event and retain any Fees received in respect of your proposed Event attendance if You (or any of the shareholders or directors of the legal entity which You represent) become(s) subject to any Sanction, or continuation of these terms would (in the reasonable opinion of Techparus) expose Techparus or any of its affiliated companies to any Sanction, where “Sanction” means any sanction, prohibition or restriction under United Nations resolutions or the trade or economic sanctions, laws or regulations of the European Union, United Kingdom or United States of America.
Your attendance at the Event
13. Please advise us of any special access requirements at the time of making your booking.
14. Techparus reserves the right, without any liability, to refuse You admission or eject You from the Event for failure to comply with these Terms; or if in Techparus’ opinion You represent a security risk, nuisance or annoyance to the running of the Event.
15. You are permitted to make reasonable video or audio recordings and to take photographs at the Event, in each case for your own personal use. You must not make video or audio recordings of the whole (or substantially the whole) of the Event or of any session within the Event, or use any recordings or photographs for commercial purposes, unless expressly permitted by Techparus.
16. You acknowledge that the Event or part of it may be filmed by audio, visual, audio-visual or electronic means or photographed, including photographs of individuals or groups of delegates. You agree to permit Techparus, or any third party licensed by Sifted, to use and distribute such footage and photographs, which may feature images of You, in all or any media (including social media) whether now known or hereafter to be invented throughout the world in perpetuity for the purposes of advertising, publicity, reporting and otherwise in relation to the exploitation of such recordings and photographs. Please inform the photographer if You do not wish to be included in any individual or group photographs.
17. You are responsible for arranging your own appropriate insurance cover in connection with your attendance at the Event. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Techparus shall not be liable for any kind of loss or damage to You or your personal property, unless caused by our negligence.
18. Materials distributed by or on behalf of Techparus at an Event may not be reproduced without Techparus’ permission.
19. Views expressed by speakers are their own and Techparus disclaims all liability for advice given or views expressed during an Event. Materials distributed at an Event are intended for information only and should not be relied upon.
20. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Techparus shall not be liable to You for any direct, indirect, economic or consequential loss or any loss of business, use, profit, anticipated profit, contracts, revenues, goodwill or anticipated savings arising in connection with this Agreement, even if You have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.
22. The names, job titles and organisations of all registered delegates will be placed on the delegate list for the Event. This list will be provided to sponsoring companies and, for some events, to all delegates via an online attendee directory, so that they can see who is at the Event for the purpose of networking and meetings. If You do not wish to be included on this list please email [email protected] at the time of making your booking. Delegates who register for the online attendee directory acknowledge and agree that they shall not, under any circumstances, use the delegate list for their own promotional and marketing purposes.
23. Techparus will only contact you for marketing purposes, and will only pass on your contact details to sponsors for marketing purposes, to the extent that you expressly consent to this (for example, by opting in during the registration process).
25. These terms contain the entire agreement between You and Disruptive Management Solutions (Techparus).
26. If any provision of these terms is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions will continue in full force and effect as if the terms had been executed with the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision omitted.
27. Any express or implied waiver to perform any obligations under these terms will not prevent the subsequent enforcement of them.
28. A person who is not a party to these terms has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these terms.
29. These terms shall be governed by Romanian law and You hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Romanian courts. Nothing in this clause shall limit Techparus’ right to take proceedings against You in any other court of competent jurisdiction.
30. If You have any questions about these Terms & Conditions, please contact [email protected]
31. These terms and conditions were published on 29 May 2021 and apply to all bookings placed from that date until these terms and conditions are superseded by a new version.